Thatched Cottages

I simply love a good thatched cottage. They really are the epitome of the British landscape. I thought I'd share a few images of my favorites that I've come across over the years. Please share your favorites in this thread!

DSC03174.jpg

DSC08489.jpg

DSC02768.jpg

IMG_6871.jpg

DSC09642.jpg

DSC08726.jpg

DSC08721.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

DSC02961.jpg

DSC08183.jpg

DSC08723.jpg

DSC08476.jpg

Comments

• You would think, given my love of thatched cottages and the number of holidays I've spent in the UK, that I'd have tons of photos of thatched cottages, but I don't believe I have a single, solitary one! I shall have to rectify that on my next trip. :smile:

• These are some of my favorite cottages in and around Chipping Campden.

• Sorry I don’t have a photo but my cousin once took me to visit his friend who lived in a thatched cottage in Hampshire.

• Slight claim to fame, but in days of yore I got to thatch a roof. Under supervision from somebody who had some experience in such things. It was for a pig sty in London. Slightly unusual location all things considered.

There's a light thatch on this cafe/bakery in Aberdaron on the Llyn Peninsula. Despite the look it is a 21st century construction and unusual in that most buildings in the area have slate roofing, reflecting local industry.

• I lived in England for 3 years as a kid. Here's the house we lived in for 2 of those years. It's located outside Braintree. Great memories!

• On the last trip, my friend especially wanted to go through the Cotswolds to see thatched cottages. We saw a total of 0! Not a single one! 😀 Obviously we were in the wrong area! 😄