What's your favorite British film?

Let's kick things off by sharing your favorite British film (the British generally say 'film' instead of 'movie' and 'cinema' instead of 'movie theater').

I'm going to cheat and say two.

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

The Remains of the Day

Tagged:

Comments

• Sense and Sensibility (1995) is the quintessential British film. I also love the fact that it was released the same year that I had my first trip to England. :) The costumes, the scenery, and Emma Thompson's adaptation of Jane Austen's novel was Oscar worthy.

• James Bond, Mary Poppins with Julie Andrews, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Imitation Game, All 3 Hobbit Movies

• All the Bridget Jones films

• Trainspotting comes to my mind.

• Probably a bit controversial, but I did very much enjoy Love Actually, Notting Hill, and The Holiday. Not very deep, but somewhat satisfying, nonetheless. Pride and Prejudice. Sense and Sensibility. Emma. 
  • I think it's probably down to the fact that these movies mirror my fantasy of meeting an English bloke, falling madly in love, and settling into a blissfully happy English life. :) An American and British love story of sorts! It's been done many times, I know. Hahaha...

• edited September 4

Pretty much any Jane Austen & Dickens adaptations, James Bond, Love Actually, Bridget Jones Diary, Notting Hill. I am also a fan of British Director Christopher Nolan so I catch his films.

• Try Charles Laughton's brilliant acting in "Hobson's Choice". Also from the 90's "Waking Ned Devine".

David Constant.